If you don’t have a go-to summer cocktail up your sleeve, it’s time to find one.
We think that cocktails for a crowd need to tick at least one of two boxes:
- Easy quantities for doubling, tripling and then some
- Portability for storing and moving your delicious creations
These three are sure to please for any occasion.
Foolproof PIMMS Cup
Need to entertain a crowd this summer?
You can’t go wrong with a Foolproof PIMMS Cup. It’s in the name.
Mix Pimms No.1 and Lemonade in a ratio of 1:2 (heavier on the lemonade). Add mint, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, lemons, cucumber or whatever you have handy.
This is a classic for a reason.
- It’s easy to make at different volumes – perfect for one or a crowd
- It’s versatile – throw in whatever fruit you have handy
- It’s refreshing – it tastes like wearing crisp whites, playing croquet and enjoying a summer breeze
Sassy Pink Grapefruit Margarita
Margarita’s are an excellent choice to beat the heat – so let’s give it a twist!
- Rim some short glasses with salt. This is essential for that classic marg taste! If you’re feeling adventurous, add the smallest dash of cayenne pepper to your salt for an extra kick.
- Shake 2 parts tequila with 2 parts pink grapefruit juice and 1 part simple sugar syrup.
- Strain and pour over ice and grapefruit slices.
Play with your ratios and mixes. Some people like to add some lime to a grapefruit marg. Others will ditch the sugar syrup and split the juice with triple sec, like a classic marg. Your margarita, your choice!
Easy Peasy Mimosa
Our choice for a picnic ready cocktail?
The classic mimosa.
A picnic basket isn’t complete without bubbles…and neither is a mimosa.
This isn’t one to make ahead. You’ll end up with flat wine and juice.
Pour 1 part orange juice into a glass (or any other reusable or recyclable picnic-ready vessel!) and top with 2 parts champagne or sparkling. To take it to the next level, mix your OJ with a teaspoon of Grand Marnier before adding bubbles.